Bring our award-winning flavours into your home! This is our championship BBQ sauce, developed over many years on the competition circuit. You’ll taste hints of fruit and caramel with a delightful kick at the end. It’s the perfect combination of sweetness and slow lingering heat. Apply to chicken, ribs, pork – use your imagination!
A long time in development and finally available for purchase in 2015! This is our competition BBQ sauce, designed to complement the flavours found in real barbecued ribs, pork, and chicken. Now that it’s in production we have been entering it in competition on its own, right out of the bottle. Right out of the bottle, this sauce won 5th place at the 2014 Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational Barbecue in Lynchburg, TN. It was also used in 3 of our categories that led to several Grand Championships and Canadian Team of the Year for 2015.
Product Description: Add some zing to your food! This rub will capture the attention of your tastebuds and leave you wanting more. It was designed for chicken but works very well with all cuts of pork and poultry.
Directions: Apply to all cuts of pork or chicken. Cook with indirect heat to ensure rub does not burn before food is finished cooking.
Those that have taken our BBQ classes know the story behind this one! It’s the brainchild of our team Pitmistress, Jacy. The flavours just work together – sweet with some savoury and citrus tones.
Big Beef Rub
This rub was created to compliment your Big Beef! Our competition brisket rub is designed to accent the flavour of all big cuts of beef – roasts, prime rib, etc. It’s great in homemade burgers, chill, or on wild game.
Directions: Apply heavily to big cuts of beef. This will help develop that delicious, luscious crust that everyone loves!
Our first blend, used for years in competition barbecue, including the 1st place brisket at the Canadian BBQ Championships in Whistler, BC. This rub recipe was about 90% complete when we had the opportunity to consult with Paul Kirk, the Kansas City Baron of Barbecue. Paul had a taste and provided a suggestion to fine tune the rub… The suggestion was implemented, and it’s the final recipe we still use today.
Tumbleweed All Purpose Rub
Flavour that rolls across your tongue! This spice rub is the perfect blend of flavours, a tried-and-true recipe that has won countless awards for us. It’s the most versatile rub we offer, good on anything such as poultry, pork, and brisket. It’s our favourite popcorn topping too!
Our most recent blend, just released in March 2015. This is my favourite of the bunch, and it has less salt than the other rubs. It was designed with 2 goals – Firstly, to work very well on all 4 competition meats so we can utilize it in our Ribfest & Catering businesses. Secondly, it needed to score with BBQ judges. Recipe refinements began in 2013 and the commercial recipe (right from the co-packer) was used on all 4 meats during our 2015 competition season – with great success!
Where can our products be found?
At our new Online Shop!
- Regina, SK – Aloha Beachcomber – 1321 Winnipeg St.
- Regina, SK – Butcher Boy Meats – 1849 Park St.
- Regina, SK – Butcher Boy Meats – 2136 Robinson St.
- Regina, SK – JB’s Sausage Making Supplies – 425 Maxwell Cr.
- Regina, SK – Northside Market & More – 5530 Rochdale Blvd.
- Regina, SK – Paradise Leisurescapes – 1250 Osler St.
- Lloydminster, SK – Diamond 7 Meats – Hwy 17 N 67 St.
- Maple Creek, SK – Country Lane Kitchens & Decor – 121 Jasper St.
- Maple Creek, SK – Home Hardware – 111 Jasper St.
- Nipawin, SK – The Dam Smokehouse – 206 1st Ave W.
- Nipawin, SK – Nipawin Computer Solutions – 105 1st Ave. E
- Saskatoon, SK – Premium Home Leisure – 101 Idylwyld Dr. S
- Saskatoon, SK – Saskatoon Barbecues & More – 2310 B Hanselman Ave.
- Saskatoon, SK – Summit Meats – 1418 Central Ave.
- Calgary, AB – Barbecues Galore – 3505 Edmonton Trail NE
- Calgary, AB – Barbecues Galore – 5875 – 9th St. SE
- Calgary, AB – Bon Ton Meat Market – 28 Crowfoot Cir. NW
- Calgary, AB – The Better Butcher – 377 Heritage Dr. SE
- Calgary, AB – Ryan’s Meats – 14-1916 30 Ave. NE
- La Crete, AB – Outdoor Authority – 10013 100 Ave.
- Red Deer, AB – Executive Home Building Centre – 7894 – 48 Ave.
- Redcliff, AB – Home Hardware – 317 Broadway Ave.
- St. Albert, AB – D’Arcy’s Meats – 40 Chisholm Ave.
- Okotoks, AB – BackCountry Grills – 215 Westmount Cr.
- Langley, BC – Well Seasoned – 20353 64 Ave
- Victoria, BC – McLennan’s Island Meat & Seafood – 307 Cook St.
- Burlington, ON – Barbecues Galore – 3100 Harvester Rd
- Oakville, ON – Barbecues Galore – 490 Speers Rd.
- Winnipeg, MB – Luxe Barbeque Company – 1290 Kenaston Blvd.
- Winnipeg, MB – Tenderloin Meats & Sausage – 1515 Main St.
- Beausejour, MB – Blue Haze Barbecue Catering – 318 4th St. N